Whyte signs with Arum

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I saw that Hearn hinted at this

Hearns crazy tbh, with the landscape so heavily in his favor esp in the UK he should tell Whyte to do one
    Whilst I back fighters to do the best they can for themselves as its a tough and short career, the way he has handled himself has been horrible to watch

2. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Could Whyte be a UK Sky fighter with his US TV rights with ESPN and still be under Matchroom? I don't know what part of the Matchroom / DAZN contract is exclusive and what isn't. Seems to be getting more and more diluted as the days go on. Also DAZN have previously rejected Whyte's last two fights so he has no affinity to them.

3. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Competitive fights: Chisora vs Takam; Whyte vs Chisora x2; Haye vs Bellew (on paper) - as for the title fights, only Joshua vs Klitch was competitive on paper - although some fights ended up being competitive, they only happened because the champion saw the fight as s dead cert ... ie Wilder taking Fury becuause he was 2 years out of the ring - we got lucky with that one. The big three are huge financial assets which their rival promoters dare not risk - until perhaps they have just one last fight in them - as was the case with Klitch fighting Joshua.

4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018

Makes sense for Whyte. Whyte will earn the big Skysports money in UK and considering DAZN chose to pass on his last fight he's assuring that he gets money from N.America Martket too.

5. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    He doesn't need to whilst he can still make good use of, and money from Dillian. Hearn has a limited number of guys who could credibly head a UK PPV and committments from Sky to fulfill. With AJ potentially fighting in the US at least twice in succession, that situation is only getting worse.

At the same time, DAZN passed up on Whyte Chisora. They probably calculate that one British HW is enough. So letting Whyte look elsewhere for overseas fights whilst keeping him as an option for UK is probably as good a solution as any. It safeguards the investment Sky have made into Whyte's career, keeps a proven UK ppv headliner as an option and if DAZN don't want him, standing in his way of maximising revenue from elsewhere is only going to come over as petty.

The downside is what happens when Whyte gains mandatory status for AJ and ESPN/TR are behind him flexing their muscle. That happens regardless of the UK situation though.

Gatekeeper and Smudge_ like this.
  6. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    British boxings been booming for ages now, world champs in every division nearly and some divisions owned by us :sisi1:sisi1, way before the weight lifter came on the scene !

7. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Parody. Look it up, you Daily Star reading, Greggs consuming lickspittle.

8. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Haha. A Parody aye? Took you 5 days to come up with that excuse for your hypocrisy did it? You need to do better than that. And no need for the insults. Touch a nerve did I? For the record, I don't read the daily star but I have had a Greggs from time to time. Their oval bites are quite good. You're lucky this is an internet forum cos if you spoke to me like that in person, your next sentence would be spoken with a mouthful of broken teeth.

9. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Willing to fight to defend Eddie's honour. A truly honourable act sir.

You're a LARP'er aren't you?

This content is protected

10. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    What the fck are you on about? When did Eddie Hearn and me defending him come into this conversation?

I'll break it down nice and simply, so even an idiot like you can understand, and hopefully open your eyes to how stupid you look.

You made a thread titled: "Fury vs Whyte will do huge numbers" to start a discussion on the matter.

Later that day, you posted on another thread, that people who want to talk about financials, viewing figures etc. are a "cancer to the discussion of the sport"

I pointed out your clear hypocrisy.

You didn't like it, insulted and patronised me, and said you started the thread as a parody (LOL)

I then pointed out that you can get away with speaking to people like that on an anonymous forum, but if you spoke to me like that in person, I'd crack you.

Your retort was that I'm willing to fight somebody to defend Eddie Hearn's honour.

What planet are you on ya wee weirdo? Where did Eddie Hearn come into it? Fckin eejit.

I didn't watch your wee video either.

im sparticus likes this.
  11. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    It would have been hypocrisy if I had a history of posting threads (note plural) speculating about financial details of dubious provenance.

I haven't.

In addition, and crucially, the post was a parody, a concept you seem unable or unwilling to grasp.

Now I'd love to sit here and instruct you, child-like, on its meaning and application but as I'm sure you can appreciate I have far better uses of my time.

This content is protected

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  12. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Could be because unless you order PPV's or subscribe to Sky/BT/Boxnation it's becoming increasingly difficult for many fans to watch any of the top fighters. Also could be because the fights the fans want especially at HW are not happening, remember back in December during the Wilder/Fury buildup there was plenty of discussion about tactics and possible outcomes because we were actually seeing a fight that mattered.

Holler likes this.
  13. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    So where did me defending Eddie Hearn's honour come from? Are you just ignoring that idiotic comment you made?

14. Stu007

Stu007 Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    I thought DAZN have all the Matchroom Sky cards, and first/last on PPV.

So not sure how Whyte can be on ESPN in US unless DAZN have passed. Also is there that much money involved in the US rights for a UK PPV considering its on at 4pm(?) Stateside? You'd have thought the UK PPV money would dwarf the US tv rights. All very odd.

15. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Saunders, Frampton and Warrington in negotiations with Top rank. That's all of Warren's best fighters including Fury.

This is terrible. British boxing has literally sold its soul. Hearn and Warren; two peas in a pod.

Sad times lads. We had a good run but it's well and truly over I'm afraid.

Twentyman, Scissors and 305th like this.