Whyte v Wallin off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Pudding Whyte is the UK's Pudding Pulev - Grade A Puddings

Gregor1987 and Furious like this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, he possibly is on the decline.
    He made a good career dining off of the AJ fight and SKY/Matchroom support ever since on PPV. And they created a myth that he was avoided by world title holders and left on the shelf, despite the fact he turned down at least one huge offer for a shot at AJ's titles, and turned down a few actual official eliminators too. No doubt, some fans will always believe the myth, but I think in time more will see how overpaid and fortunate he was to be regarded as top level at all.
    He could well keep the PPV money rolling in for many years to come, like Chisora has, and can afford to pick up losses every other fight too, as Chisora has. I think that's a fair call.

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I do quite like Whyte, but don't enjoy the Matchroom propaganda about him. I wish they'd just be honest about what he is - a fringe world level British heavyweight who's not as good as the top 5. There's no shame in that at all. Matchroom have helped cultivate the importance of fighters keeping their "0". Even Buffer (albeit being a total sell out and rent-opinion these days), pre-Usyk, made a very big deal of saying Joshua had "beaten every fighter he's faced" regarding the Ruiz rematch.

Maybe if MR and other promoters didn't do things like this, they could make more out of limited fighters without the need for them to become some sort of David Allen/Babic type sideshow.

For example - Johnny Fisher. He's got a good social media following and offered to step in vs Wallin. It's unclear where his ceiling is, but a fighter like him may not even reach Whyte's level. There's nothing wrong with being a good solid pro who reaches British/fringe world level. If MR and other promoters didn't value the 0 so much then casual fans may buy into a wider roster of fighters rather than just the household names. More eyes on the sport, ideally deeper understanding from fans and more money shared between fighters.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  4. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Buffer is a clown. ‘Somebody’s 0 has got to go’ fck off mate.

Jurgen likes this.
  5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    The above two posts are spot on.

I reckon Dubois would absolutely ice Whyte.

If this was 2009 he'd be fighting the likes of Joyce and Dubois on Sky, and losing.

And how if Del Boy a PPV? He's gonna have more losses than wins if he carries on, is clearly an unlikeable nutjob, isn't entertaining in the slightest, and has more losses than ANY top 10 guy across ALL divisions! Hes tosh.

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Mandatory title defence.

Wizbit1013 and unfriendlyorchid like this.
  7. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

8. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Tyson Fury v El Chocolate Gateaux Live on Sky Sports Box Office and BT Sports Box Office it is then.

9. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Can't stand him. Little more than a typical Hollywood woke 'rent an opinion' now.

I remember after Wilder Fury 1 was officially a draw and he was tweeting about how Joshua is now the only of the top heavies with a "perfect record" - 6 months later :yaay

Also, comically, I see he actually doubled down a year later!

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I noticed that when I saw his twitter and a few interviews he's done. I thought mate, just stick to saying 'lets get ready to rumble' and stfu about your stupid political opinions.

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Yep totally agree that the card on Saturday was awful and Sky have to start over but if with any rebuilding job there are always going to be disasters at the beginning as they find a new identity and learn from mistakes as Saturday was but Sky have already got things right like with the US Top Rank cards and signing Josh Taylor

Wizbit1013 and unfriendlyorchid like this.
  12. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    There will always be mistakes at the beginning of a collaboration - no matter who you are working with. I'm pretty sure Sky Sports Boxing is pretty strong in 2 years from now.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He can’t even pronounce the fighters names right. I was at the O2 when he announced ‘Josh Tail’.

Brixton Bomber, Jurgen and Erik like this.
  14. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Hope for the sake of boxing that Bluffer does not appear at a future celeb boxing event and announces Jack Sock

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    :lol:

Yeah, this won't end well, from what I'm seeing if these people on social media are telling the truth then the arena will empty next week.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021