Whyte vs Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, May 9, 2019.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Totally agree. He’s a lot better though when someone’s trying to take his head off.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Really? It's that irrelevant to you? Damn...

I hope you never start a business lol

3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I just cant see why after being screwed previously by the WBC he thought it was a worthwhile route to go down again after turning down a world title shot with AJ

Odd choice

4. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Got a feeling Rivas might upset Whyte

5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He got offered 6-7 mil to fight a guy that beat him for a number of world titles. Let's hope.he doesn't f*** up in his next fight!

Birmingham likes this.
  6. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Well I think in this industry it, and Whyte's position... it really matters what others are getting paid, and I think it is obvious by all their actions and the actions of promoters/networks.

Anyways, don't worry he'll beat Rivas and he'll get another shot at Joshua hopefully with more reasonable terms.

7. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Dillian let fame go to his head. He has the ego of a world champion now. I don't think he'll ever get a title shot unless somebody humbles him again.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Can't believe how badly the WBC have treated Whyte. Say AJ fights a mandatory next, then Wilder then Usyk (admittedly that's in a dream world). Whyte might not get a world title shot by 2021. What fighter would have earned more than him in history without a world title?

9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t buy the Whyte will fight anyone myth that gets put about otherwise he’d have fought Pulev, Ortiz or took the money in Joshua 2. They pick and choose his opponents well and i’m thinking they’ve cherry picked this lad, too. I do wonder if he could cause a shock though.

moog, Potwash, PaddyGarcia and 3 others like this.
  10. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Parker was close to stopping Whyte.

Fury would do it with ease, he wouldn't get caught by the roughhouse tactics either. I see Tyson handing out a lesson like he did v Chisora 2.

Fight wont happen though.

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Hearn blames Fury. Be funny if Fury called his bluff and accepted it (although he won’t if he’s turned down 55/45 with Wilder).
    This content is protected

12. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    This bloke at my work is sure Rivas will cause the upset, could he really win? I don't know enough about him really to make a judgement but if he was to cause the upset how would he do it?

13. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I’ve only watched his fight with Jennings and caught highlights of other stuff. I think it’s a cherry pick from Whyte’s team. He’s smaller, comes forward and stays in range so i’m thinking that Whyte’s team think that stylistically it’ll suit him as he won’t have to chase him and he’s the bigger man.
    The only way I can see Rivas causing a surprise is if he can survive in the pocket, stay tucked up & make Whyte work at an uncomfortable pace to have him blowing in later rounds.

Potwash and Holler like this.
  14. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Agree mate. Hindsights a funny oldthing, but the Browne win does not look as impressive now having seen how Dave Allen dealt with him and that was against a much more in shape Browne. Also the last twice Chisora has fought anyone good outside of Whyte he got beat easier in those fights than against Whyte.

Scissors, Twentyman and Jurgen like this.
  15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Pudding Whyte is his name, extracting money from the PPV mugths is his game.

The casual mugths must surely see the light at some stage.

Gatekeeper likes this.