Wilder-Helenius "Dive?"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ertwin, Oct 15, 2022.

1. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Every dive expert knows, you can't sell a dive properly without bouncing the back of your head full force off the canvas.

You have to make sure your head lands before your butt, for maximum believability.

This content is protected

It's not as easy as you think to override your natural reactions and bounce your own head off the ground, Helenius had to practiced this a few times in the gym but he sure nailed it in the fight.

2. DmitrKudrayshov

DmitrKudrayshov Member banned Full Member

Jul 20, 2015
    That was as he he is going down, he went down on his right shoulder , not head first.

3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    His head landed before his butt. You think he did that on purpose?

Of all the ways to sell a dive. This is ridiculous.

- The sound of the punch.

- The swiveling of the head.

- Head landing before his butt. His fall not being 'padded' by going to his butt first, as one would normally do if conscious.

- Potentially the biggest win of his career, against a vulnerable fighter, in which his own power could have very well made an impact in the fight.

- More big purses against Ruiz and potentially Fury down the line if he keeps winning. Including a title shot.

occam's razor > fans thinking the punch didn't look hard.

DynamicMoves likes this.
  4. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Actually if you are consciously trying to break your fall, you try to go down on your side, not straight back.

lordlosh and DmitrKudrayshov like this.
  5. DmitrKudrayshov

DmitrKudrayshov Member banned Full Member

Jul 20, 2015
    if he landed on his shoulder that is not much of an issue. It is how people are thought to fall.
    Iv fallen off a motorbike at a high enough speed before, luckily i landed on my shoulder first so i didn't get much damage at all.

They have sparred before. They are friends. Wilder has a history of fixed fights and fighters taking dives who are his friends. You could have said there was more money in it for scott to win too but it looks like a dive.

Again anyone who thinks this is real i have no issue with. It very well might be. I also have no issue with anyone who thinks this is fake as it very well might me.
    There is enough evidence of this looking like a staged fight to make most suspicious

lordlosh likes this.
  6. DobyZhee

DobyZhee VIP Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Looping wilder right hand... pretty awesome. First thing I woke up to..

I thought it looked fixed to me.

7. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    From all the proves here, the one about the sound is the most r*tarded. Based on the sound it makes, a bare hand slap should be the most powerful punch.

This punch itself was not that powerful, it was Wilder bouncing back from the ropes that gave it some force and combined with the absolutely glass chin of Helenius. Another bum fight for the dosser, that's it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    DmitrKudrayshov likes this.
  8. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    The sound of impact can't be denied, you pigeon head.

9. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    The Dubble's gate must not be openeth.

This content is protected

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  10. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    :lol:

All praise McGraineth.

Max Thunder likes this.
  11. MismatchHypejob

MismatchHypejob Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Exactly people just don’t understand boxing.

wilder Scott for example. Wilder punched the air and it had such impact Scott went down and out for the count. Totally legit bro, and no I haven’t blind folded myself