Wilder/Ortiz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Bit racist mate.

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Don't understand why people are dismissing Ortiz's in this they seem to be forgetting that Wilder fought on the backfoot the first fight wary of Ortiz's power and counter punching and on the rare occasion DW went forward he got tagged. And you have to wonder with all DW's trash talking and supposed improvement will he be overconfident and be aggressive for the rematch ?? If so that questionable jaw of Wilder is gonna get tested.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    This made me chuckle :)

4. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Very true. If I remember right, Wilder seemed to get tagged whenever he committed to the shot. If I had to say who will win I would lean towards Wilder, his right hand is the equaliser but I think he’s going to have a torrid time once again and if Ortiz won I really wouldn’t be shocked.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  5. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    I think that would be fair enough, apart from Hammer being about as average an orthodox as they come, yet had no problem with Ortiz's shots and no problem getting through with his right. Ortiz looks very old since he fought Wilder.

6. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Real spanner in the works if Ortiz wins. I imagine Wilder would get an immediate rematch. Where does Fury go? Is Fury v AJ or Ruiz a possibility? I wonder what stipulations are in the Wilder/Fury contracts if Wilder loses to Ortiz. I'd imagine Fury is free to do as he pleases and Arum will want a big fight after two eurobums.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Ortiz won.

Gatekeeper and Twentyman like this.
  7. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    Had it not been the end of the round, it was probable that Wilder would have finished Ortiz in the 5th. Any different outcome for the rematch can only be something outside of what's normal. Seeing the state of Ortiz against Hammer I'm considering a dutch on Wilder 1-3 (you have to shop around) which gives a good bit better than 11/4 for the 1-3 group betting.

8. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Fury straight to Dancing on Ice

Gatekeeper and Citizen Smith like this.
  9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Just re-watched the Ortiz v Hammer fight. I honestly didn’t see Hammer landing his right hand ‘for fun’ as you put it. Ortiz won every round, he completely bossed the fight and had Hammer hurt a few times. Hammer was in survival mode and only occasionally landed a slapping right hand as Ortiz sat in the pocket and did his work. Hammer is durable and threw wild blind shots when he was under pressure but that was about it.

Obviously, Ortiz isn’t going to fight the same way against Wilder and will be very wary of the right hand.

nurological and Gatekeeper like this.
  10. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    I didn't say for fun Twenty. Please don't mis quote me. Hammer lost by a landslide, but he landed lots of rights and was not hurt. Hammer is not Wilder and that Ortiz was not the one who fought Wilder 2 years ago.

11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    My apologies, ‘landed it all night’. I quoted from memory instead of going back and re-reading your post. He was definitely hurt by the body shots imo. It will be a good fight hopefully. I’m gonna end up inevitably knackered all week as I’ll be staying up to watch it :)

Citizen Smith likes this.
  12. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    Yeah he was gulping at those body shots. I don't know whether I'll stay up. If there's money on it, maybe, but otherwise probably just checking the result from a dozy bed ridden phone glare :)

Twentyman likes this.
  13. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Watched some of the fight against hammer. I sometimes wish he,d get rid of that cuban style. Hes a proper unit ortiz. Can punch hard. Can take a good shot etc. Has all the tools. Sometimes feels like the cuban styles holding him back. Its almost like its a style that trys to be too smart for its own good with it.

14. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Is there a UK broadcaster for this fight? Just realised I haven't heard of one yet.

15. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    on sky sports