Will Fury's Fight June 9th Be PPV?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by MD2013, Apr 12, 2018.

1. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Flanagan is the only other world fighter on the card and watching him is like watching paint dry in slow motion. Laughable if this is ppv.

CutThroatFade and S.K like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    When Hughie 'The Skirt' Fury was on Fat Mick's You are a Tube PPV channel then anything can be PPV.

90% of PPV fights have turned out to be stinkers yet there is a cohort of mugs out there lining up to be fleeced time and again.

Robney and ipitythefool like this.
  3. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
  4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    A high ranked opponent maybe but it's going to be a lowly fringe man.

5. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Lol saint fury the darling of the online fans is already getting turned on by announcing ppv

Fickle game this boxing lark

6. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Please dont remind me of the track star running man again. I had almost forgotten that he existed. He put up the worst/most negative performance ever challenging for a world title in the past 20 years.

Too right. Most PPV headline fights are stink bombs

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  7. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Fury will fight an easy fight to get the ring rust off. Not worth PPV...................

8. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    100% be on PPV

9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    He needs a ****ing wake up call. I’m sorry to all the fan boys on here but he really does.

First of all I’ve always liked Tyson he’s a great boxer but when has he ever been a PPV fighter apart from the Klitschko fight? This hype he’s gained from being inactive is ridiculous. Basically take a few peds blame others for it and come back with a much bigger fan base.

He’s a heavyweight boxer who hasn’t got the biggest of KO ratios and he’s only fought one fighter of note. Two if you want to be generous and throw in chisora. People criticised the AJ - Parker fight because it was a pure boxing match as opposed to the heavyweight knockout spectacle people want to see when they pay. Tyson Fury is that x10.

Look at his resume you can’t tell me Joshua and Wilder wouldn’t have a 100% knockout ratio against them. Maybe make an exemption for Klitschko.

Great personality, great boxing skills but not ones that translate to big sales when in the ring, especially if he fights one or two bums first. I can’t believe the cheek that they are even suggesting his first few fights are going to PPV.

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    100% bang on.

11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    So what cut of the ppv will Sprott be on?

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  12. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    They would be fools to make this PPV. Fury needs exposure and paywalls aren't the way to achieve that. Some people also forget that Fury has been in some stinkers, he's going to be put against opponents he can look good against.

Scissors likes this.