Will Kyle Snyder Ever Go To MMA??

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Todd498, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    He beat one of the top wrestlers in the world championships recently and is now considered PFP the best freestyle wrestler in the world.

This content is protected

I think the guy would be a beast in MMA. Athletic, strong as an ox, awesome work ethic. Would be fun to watch.

Kevin Willis likes this.
  2. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Apparently he has said he wants to fight in the UFC and he could have some success similar to Cormier as long as he has a decent chin and stand up game. Im not a fan of wrestling so I just hope if does do MMA he is able to create something other just smothering for long periods against the fence or on the ground after a takedown.

3. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Well he's dominated the wrestling world and he's only 22.

His career can go 3 ways really now: angle, kerr or couture.

I'm not sure wwe is more lucrative than mma anymore for the top elite level, but presumably that's why Angle went that way.

Kerr looked like he was on track to be the goat, but he never actually became number 1 in his own division as his chin and demons let him down.

Couture obviously became an absolute legend achieving almost as much as anyone can in the mma world.

At this stage its impossible to predict, Kerr taught us that.

4. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm always a big fan of BJJ guys, but world wrestlers who train submissions are brilliant to watch as well.

I also like wrestlers who train defence to keep a fight standing.

Lay and pray is just as skillful but not enjoyable to watch.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  5. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    What division is he in?

6. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    LHW or HW.

7. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    I think he’d probably fight at light heavyweight. Although he’d be a decent size HW but not among the really big guys.

Here is Chael Sonnen talking a little bit about the guy Kyle beat at Worlds. To beat that dude is a major accomplishment in itself.

This content is protected

Kevin Willis and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  8. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    WWE can be lucrative for the top guys still and lead to movie rolls and I think WWE is still making movies as well which is why guys like Gronkowski are trying to get in to the business ,it looks like he isn't going to waste his talents either way though and follow the Ben Askren path of obscurity LOL

9. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks Todd. I'll check that video out tomorrow.

Todd498 likes this.
  10. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    That was a great match! Now would be a great time for Snyder to transition into MMA.

Todd498 likes this.
  11. Kevin Willis

Jan 16, 2013
    No way will that guy be able to make 205!

Todd498 likes this.
  12. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    You’re probably right. Lol But imagine how easily he’d manhandle guys at that weight :D It would look like prime Mark Kerr in the Vale Tudo days. Lol

Kevin Willis likes this.
  13. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Is there any way if determining the way a wrestler will use his skills in MMA? By watching his wrestling career I mean.

For instance how do we know if he's gonna be a strike and stuff, or a lay and pray or a ground and pound?

Is there any reliable way of predicting?

14. Kevin Willis

Jan 16, 2013
    He will man handle plenty of guys at 265! He's easy marketable as another Lesnar with much more upside assuming he adapts reasonably well to the stand up game and develops a semi versatile sub grappling arsenal. Lesnar did well for himself with poor clanky stand up and no real sub grappling game. This Snyder kid is another animal!

What I like best is how Sonnen said he is a master of basics in terms of wrestling, if he approaches stand up and sub grappling in terms of mastering basics as well then look out. All that remains would be his ability to transition from technique to technique.

Todd498 likes this.
  15. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    I hope he follows through with his wanting to go MMA! Cael Sanderson also mentioned MMA but never went. Snyder will be a force and A LOT of top HW’s will be man handled. Who the hell is stopping a takedown from the dude?? Lol And God be with them if he has nasty G&P too. He’ll be a HW Khabib.