Will Wlad/Joshua sell out Wembley?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Dec 21, 2016.

Will Wlad/Joshua sell out Wembley?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Yes or No?

AJ is already PPV material. That's massive at this stage of his career.

Wlad is also a rockstar.

Groves and Froch, who neither were as popular as AJ or Wlad did huge numbers (I know, their first fight & result sold the rematch etc) but I get the feeling that this match doesn't need it.

Sky & Matchroom will be going into OVERDRIVE for this one. Like, serious overdrive.

2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Id be suprised if this didnt outdo froch groves 2

3. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Easily. The sold 50k day 1. Once the next batch go on sale in January it will sell out

4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    All the tickets will be sold but the actual attendance will be about 75,000 on the night max as the touts will struggle to sell their huge allocation.

tee_birch and boxwrecker like this.
  5. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Yes. Froch was a big star but Groves wasn't. This one is v the casuals fave v the biggest name in the heavyweight division for a decade.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The rising star v the biggest faded stinker in the worst decade of the division.

Think there are only 2 outcomes here:
    1. Joshua lands fight over.
    2. Joshua fails to land - 12 round hugfest where the 18 can record will let him down unless the Matchroom judges provided with the brown paper bags.

7. liger1992

Mar 29, 2015
    Na Groves made that fight just as much as Froch did.

tee_birch and Brixton Bomber like this.
  8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Technically yes it will sell out but interms of actual attendance I doubt it. I'm expecting/hoping the touts get a good spanking

boxwrecker likes this.
  9. boxwrecker

boxwrecker New Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Another StubHub conjob. Of course it'll "sell out": the bots are hard at work already whilst the real boxing fans miss out on affordable tickets.

I don't want to advocate anything naughty but my friend said there's a place on the internet where you can see all this sort of thing without paying for it. I'm intrigued.

As for the fight: first real test of Any Juice's career and I envisage an all out Wlad will out robot the newest, stiffest robot out there.

Cue Tyson Fury's reemergence as the King of The Heavyweights.

10. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    It still blows my mind how Matchroom get away with their official Stubhub association.

I honestly think if they were a bit quieter about it they would have been pulled up by now. It's literally the case that the more obvious the con, the more readily it is accepted.

It will sell out, and I would be intrigued to know the % of fans who only pay face value.

boxwrecker and Brixton Bomber like this.
  11. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Fingers crossed the touts get stung big time on this. I went to the stone roses at the Etihad over summer and they ended up giving their tickets away for free.

Brixton Bomber and boxwrecker like this.
  12. liger1992

Mar 29, 2015
    To me there is conflict of interest. I don't see how Stub Hub can be the official ticket distributer while also being the official partner for the 2nd hand tickets. That to me just seems shady as I would assume they make more money on there cut for the 2nd hand tickets.

Stub Hub being used for people to sell tickets isn't the problem but I don't think they can have both hands in the pie.

Could you stop tickets being sold 2nd hand? Probably not as there will always be some kind of platform where people will sell tickets. I know people have said have names on tickets and have to provide ID at the gate but that's just far too time consuming when there are 10's thousands attending.

13. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    The best way to improve the situation is loyalty points. The same as happens with football.

People who paid to see Joshua fight the likes of Paul Butlin and Matt Skelton should have the opportunity to buy tickets before the touts.

I'm sure there were rumours of Matchroom doing something like this when they brought out the Fight Pass. I guess it was then calculated how much it would affect Stub Hub's profits (and Matchroom's slice), and the idea was quickly binned.

14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I think it will and I really hope there is a good undercard, deserving of such an occasion. Chisora vs Whyte 2 would be a great start and I hope they both get decent wonga for it after their show in the first fight.

15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Maybe but you will always get tickets that need to go on general sale. The average guy who doesn't watch boxing occasionally deserves the opportunity to purchase a ticket to go and watch a fight.

What I don't understand is the fight pass split? How many of the wembley tickets for example went to fight pass first? I wouldn't be happy if I was a member and couldn't get one.