Without the roids, Jacobs and Alvarez would be #34 and #35

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Beouche, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Well that's on GGG and his team for being inept, if you can't beat them you join them. They should either follow suit or make more of a stand against it, no good crying after the fights.

2. mrdoctor

mrdoctor GGG Full Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Most honest thread on this board for 5 years

Beouche likes this.
  3. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    WBC has mandatory VADA for their champions and #1 contenders. Before GGG did VADA they all said he was juicing so no matter what he does the guy cannot win. Why do you think Cucknelo wants nothing to do with that WBC belt.

You calling Golovkin's team inept is the height of ignorance.

4. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    Well Golovkin's team should push for it in the contract and make a song and dance over it so it's well known to the public. Canelo would be pressured into taking the tests to save face. If you haven't got the balls to make a stand then it's on you!

5. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    So it's on Golovkin's team to make him the A side or be treated on equal terms against an ethnic champion who's fan base drives the economic ship in the sport and who's promoter is in bed with the two State athletic commissions he fights.

Yeah; Good luck with that Alice. How's the weather in Wonderland this time of year.

Todd498 and jauseptt like this.
  6. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Jacobs and Canelo would be nothing without roids.

The roids simply helped them last the 12 rounds.

Had they been clean they'd have had the paramedics treating them on the floor after the 6th round.

7. khaosai galaxi

khaosai galaxi Superbad Full Member

Apr 17, 2017
    I have always had my suspicion regarding the fall out between Team Canelo and WBC.
    I have a feeling VADA has something to do with it.

Kevin Willis likes this.
  8. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Boxing is a great sport, but dirty business. That´s not surprising, but it´s just pathetic how fans handle this bias and bs. There is no other sports were fans would root a competitor who refuse to do Wada testing and self-evidently refuse to play with fair rules. Just imagine what would happen in tennis or even other combat sports..

Golovkin has made it clear he doesn´t use peds, he respect the rules i.e. weight. Guys like Jacobs and Canelo have made the opposite and some fans are still trying to find ways to dish the clean and honest fighter. Just pathetic.

Caimán and Beouche like this.
  9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I know that Jacobs did not take a roid test. I think Alvarez claimed he did, but no proof. SOB Ward had acne on his back and Tony Weeks did say he made a mistake, but Bob Bennett is OK with that mistake...................Golovkin is very open about testing......................

10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Both Canelo and GGG were VADA tested for their bout. Just sayin.

11. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    Yes it is, if the idiots daren't make a stand then it's on them. So basically you've confirmed Golovkin is a sell-out.......

12. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Totally. Any honest man can see it !As Complete as u get in terms of skill....They say everyone should be a Pac fan which is true, same goes with GGG..Cant see why a true fan of boxing can slate him..Throwback in many ways !

13. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    That's been put together by another hater like you though pmsl to suit agendas and picked bits that suit them !

14. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Down the rabbit hole we go!
    WBC announced its partnership with VADA late 2015. After wich Alvarez fought two fights while competing for a WBC title.
    Cotto and Roc Nation turned down the VADA testing. But VADA was not yet mandatory til February 2016.
    Instead they went with USADA, which was more expensive(WBC offered VADA for free) and with whom Cotto had a been dealing for years.
    Canelo-Khan was under the supervision of VADA.
    Canelo-Smith originally was under VADa but that was scrapped "due to timing".
    Both Canelo and Golovkin were tested by VADA and both men passed the tests.

khaosai galaxi likes this.
  15. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Boxers Who Have Ducked VADA
    • Floyd Mayweather
    • Juan Manuel Marquez
    • Andre Ward
    • Canelo Alvarez
    • Danny Jacobs