Wlads Confidence Is Extremely High

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Lady Girl, Apr 27, 2017.

1. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    It's high, but it could come crashing down in an instance, if he let's Joshua touch that chin. WARRRR AJ

2. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    That's what I mean! Lol! And he's usually wrong on his predictions. Let him jinx Joshua all day long! :D

Rudy and Kevin Willis like this.
  3. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Underdog. Less pressure. Nothing to lose.

Staminakills and drenlou like this.
  4. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I saw something about Wlad being obsessed somewhere. I can't find it now....

5. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Wlad is deluding himself going into this fight. I have absolutely no idea how he thinks he can win.

Not only is Wlad past his best, and fighting outside of Germany where the refs let him foul to his hearts content, Joshua is also the best fighter he's ever shared a ring with.

6. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
    everybodys confident until they get hit bro

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 and drenlou like this.
  7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Good points.

8. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    LOL

How is a guy who has yet to fight a guy above British level the best fighter Wlad has ever been in with?

AJ has done absolutely nothing of note yet as a pro and his resume is filled with guys beneath Wach....

Legend X and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Joshua has fought nobody. 18 wins, 18 knockouts, Vlad could have easily knock all of Joshua's opponents out. None of them were top ten in quality. How in the hell did Martin even get ranked in the top 20?! Vlad has sparred at least 20 rounds with Joshua, he knows what to expect.............Joshua has a rematch clause for a reason............Vlad will be, by far, Joshua's best opponent..........Whyte staggered Joshua, Nistor stopped him..............Joshua not hard to hit...........he has heavy feet.......Vlad has light feet............balance, lateral movement, styles make fights and Vlad is the wrong style for Joshua...............Vlad is a young 41...........

10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    He can win by landing a punch on AJ... Who was badly hurt against Whyte.

11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He clearly fancies his chances and lets not pretend Joshua is anywhere near the finished article and unbeatable, he has a ton of flaws and Wlad likely has a plan to take advantage of these flaws. But as Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth".

like a boss likes this.
  12. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I am not 100% convinced this is high confidence we are seeing, I think we may be seeing an Wlad who is just happy with where he now is in life and happy to have the opportunity to be having another huge fight like this. I think he learn't a lot about him self after the defeat to fury and in a way is liberated mentally having accepted defeat he appears to have come out of his shell a little more and is more comfortable in his own skin. I think we are just seeing a happier confident in him self Wlad rather than a confident of winning the fight wlad.

13. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Wlad has accepted his fate. He has found peace with himself and will ride off into the sunset with his £20m paycheck, safe in the knowledge that he's handed over the reins to a worthy heir.

14. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    This is a massive legacy fight for Wvlad. He has an opportunity to cement his place in history as a 3 time Heavyweight World champion and further wins against Wilder and Parker could lead him to top 5 status ATG. That's his motivation and I can see it clearly now, it's just whether father time has caught up or not. We all thought Hopkins was done against Calzaghe and look how much further he went. If he flattens Joshua he has a good chance of beating both Wilder and Parker before he hits 43 and retire undisputed.

Saturday night will reveal all.

15. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Then why is Wach a huge underdog in his upcoming bout with Dillian Whyte?
    Breazeale and Whyte are both far more dangerous opponents than most of the bums Wlad defended his title against. They're better than Jennings as well who Wlad struggled with over two years ago, and couldnt even begin to put a dent in.

Joshua would be favorite over anyone on Wlads resume at the time he fought them. Who is Wlads best win anyway, Haye?

All of this is academic tho, Wlad is getting put to sleep on Saturday night, no amount of resume nitpicking can save him.