Your boxing career so far?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Journey Man, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Thanks ! Yeah I have a mate who's record is 7-3 yet he's fought overall 3 top class lads, and lost to them all. He's beat good lads but he's recently moved into my weight class though he's about .2 of a foot smaller than me. My coaches keep warning him because they keep say "Look at the lad's ash has been in there with!"
    I dont have a reputation around other clubs like some lads and people dont know me much, but i feel im not an easy night for almost anyone. Im really good on stamina, hand speed and decent power, I just honestly lack boxing skills. But they are coming now, very well. I can normal maul or pick off my friend who i mentioned above (same age), Though he is a natural at the sport I can use my reach now to get strong power shots in :bbb

2. E30

E30 Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I agree, there is no shame in losing. I respect every fighter who trains and actually goes out and does it. I respect a guy with more losses than wins because that means he has no quit in him.

I'm only 1-0 I need to get stepping.

3. gilly

gilly Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2010
    26-8-1.
    australian light welter weight champ.amuter.
    won my first 6 fights best record at one time was 15-2-1
    turning professial this year.

4. Journey Man

Aug 22, 2009
    You cant draw in amatuer competition.

5. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I've seen quite a few draws actually :think

6. Youngblood

Youngblood Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Now officially 5 cancellations in a row. 6 if you count the 2nd back up guy for the same show next weekend. Yup, that about sums of my career so far. :-(

7. paloalto00

paloalto00 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Try tournaments, I guarantee you'll get a fight there

8. Youngblood

Apr 28, 2008
    ya almost all my fights are from tours. just not much luck in club shows it seems. I haven't fought since nationals, and have trained intensely going on 6 times in row now only to get let down. There are few things I've known as frustrating and discouraging.

9. Youngblood

Apr 28, 2008
    OK, found another match up for next weekend! I pray it holds up, mainly for my dogs sake. for if it falls through I will kick her. And that'd be a shame...cuz she's a really good and cool dog.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006

LOL are you like a 250 pound 12 year old or something? :lol:

I'm 7-5 all on points... but I swear to god 2 of those five losses were because I was 12 and didn't give a **** about boxing. My coach told me I had to jog 5 times a week... I was proud if I did it once every couple of months :lol:.
    One fight I was leading by 7 before the third, fight ended 10-10, punch count was equal... yet somehow he was decided victor. It was my fourth fight and his 25(20-5). My next loss was the next day :| I punished the guy(the first guys gymmate) like I never have before...until the third round ( I was leading 19-14) then I lost 25-21 :|:|:|:|

11. Youngblood

Apr 28, 2008
    haha, no man. I just turned 16 and prob should have like 30 or so fights min, there have been that many no goes. But size might have factored in a bit earlier when i was 13 and 14, as I`m 6`2`and now at light heavy unable to stay at middleweight any more, just too much starving. When I hit 5 fights I moved up to open class early hoping for more, and if anything it backfired and I got less. :verysad I`m not talking about not getting matched, but guys just either not showing up, or canceling at the last minute ffs. I won the middleweight open national championship, and am undefeated and maybe that is why some are deciding against it lately, but its not cuz I`m some freaky beast...the field just isn`t that strong here in Canada.

12. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    ive stopped now cause adult life has taken over, but mine wasn't very good. too many matches falling through, not performing in bouts that counted, getting robbed or just generally being on the wrong end of tight decisions. I did not get results in proportion to the work and sacrifice i put in. but i loved doing it, and don't regret spending most of my life from becoming a teen until i was 21 boxing. It kept me clean and out of trouble and if it wasn't for boxing i wouldnt be where i am today in other aspects of my life. If i had a choice i would still do it again, and when i have kids, you bet they'd be heading down to the boxing gym, just like my dad and granddads and most of the other men in my family!

13. Mr. V.I.P.

Mr. V.I.P. Boxing Addict banned

Sep 20, 2008
    I have been boxing for 5 years now. Had my first fight nearly two years ago. The gym took well too long and I was not taking it seriously I didn't go running and never sorted out my diet so I got a lot fitter and got a fight 2 months later. I was told that the kid I was fighting was from Khans old gym and was a small asian kid with 2 wins and 2 stoppages in the first round. Which raped my confidence straight away. First round he landed a big right hand on me about a minute in and I covered up tried to get off the ropes and my left leg wobbled (never happened before) even though I have been dropped before which was more of a flash knockdown. Ref gave me a count then went on 5 seconds and he stopped it with no more punches thrown. Went on my record as being overmatched. It really was a bull**** first fight to have. Kid went on to win the NW ABAs at my weight the same year so that have me a bit more confidence and lost to the national winner.

Now I have moved and at a much better gym been there for a year and feel like I have improved a lot more in that year than I did in the 4 at my old gym.

STORY OVER

14. RightHooker

RightHooker Active Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2009
    14-9

3 losses by 1 point in tournaments :( If they scored body punches more I'd have won two minor tournaments.

Only clearly been beaten twice. One guy beat me by 27 pts in my first open class fight (he had 50). We had a rematch a few months later and he only won by one. The only other guy that clearly beat me is turning pro in a month.

15. Journey Man

Aug 22, 2009
    In UK were I live, if there's a draw on points , it goes to countback to decide a winner. You can only have wins and losses in UK. (See my third fight)